Triggs Elementary School places a high priority on protecting the safety of our students. As the parent of a Clark County student, you are a vital part of our plans to protect your child. You can assist the school by following the steps outlined below.
- Please help us to ensure proper staff supervision of you child by saying goodbye at the gates in the morning and meeting your child outside the gates in the afternoon.
- Staff on duty will close and lock gates at 9:00 AM.
- Please send you child to the front office if you arrive after 9:00 AM. Students are considered tardy after 9:00 AM.
- You must remain in your vehicle if you are in the loading/unloading lane.
- Do not park in the middle of red fire lane. Violators are subject to tickets/fines.
- Set a good example for your child by using the crosswalk.
- Do not encourage your child to dart out in front of traffic.
- The bus lane is for buses only.
- Please make sure the school has updated information regarding your child, including contact names and numbers and you child’s medical history.
- Discuss with your child the school’s rules during drills for fire and other emergencies. Be sure your child understands correct procedures and that he/she takes the drills seriously.
- Teach your child to stay with school staff and follow their directions.
- Make sure you always bring legal identification (driver’s license or passport).
- For the safety of you child, students will not be released to anyone who is not listed on the enrollment form as a parent or guardian or who is on the enrollment form but has no identification.
- Please note that phone messages cannot be delivered to you child during the school day.
- Students are hearby informed that they will be subject to search when they enter campus after the beginning of the school day. This includes, but is not limited to, unauthorized returns. This notice does not exclude personnel, however, from searching a student at any time should there be reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing.
Safe Route to School
The purpose of the Safe Route to School program is to reduce the potential for accidents and other traffic related conflicts with youngsters going to and from school. A map has been developed so that parents or guardians and students can select a safe route to Triggs ES. Routs can also be found for other schools in Las Vegas and Clark County and on the CCSD website.