Code of Conduct
Clark County School District’s dress code requires that students wear:
- shoes with soles and straps around ankle
- shirts or blouses extending beyond the belt level
- appropriately buttoned shirts skirts
- dresses and shorts at fingertip length
- pants and shorts that are hemmed and without fraying
- sleeveless shirts with straps at least three inches wide and cover the shoulder
Clark County School District’s dress code prohibits students wearing:
- see-through tops, bare midriff, strapless, low-cut clothing
- clothing with slits the wearing of headgear, except for authorized activities
- clothes with controversial/obscene slogans/advertising that disrupt educational setting
- clothing with spikes or studs
- flip flops and sandals without ankle strap
General Guidelines: Coats, mittens, hats and scarves must be removed upon entering the classroom. School administration designates which types of dress, fashion, fads, or appearance disrupt or distract from the educational program and may be a potential safety hazard. At Triggs ES, such fads include but are not limited to colored hair gels, hair color or styles that draw unusual attention, fake tattoos, fake nails, makeup, and dangly earrings. Such fashions include by are not limited to shirts with inappropriate words/phrases, clothing more than one size too large, undergarments showing, and any gang symbols. The principal shall retain the authority to grant exception for special occasions and/or special conditions.
Identification Badges: Students will be issued clip-on ID badges to be worn every day.